Vedic Meditation is a simple and natural technique practiced with the eyes closed for 20 minutes twice daily. The attention dives inward with the effortless use of a personalised mantra (mind vehicle).
During the process of meditation the mind naturally de-excites, moving toward more orderly states of awareness. As the mind settles, the body also relaxes, acquiring an incredibly deep state of rest equivalent to several hours of sleep. This rest has some tremendous benefits for the body and brain such as reducing stress hormones like cortisol, decreasing muscle tension, normalising blood pressure and increasing the order and coherence of the brain.
The technique has it's origins in the ancient Vedic tradition of India from over 5000 years ago. The Veda is knowledge of the extensive research and investigation into the inner landscape of the mind and body; to discover how people could access it's highest qualities more often.
The technique and it's teachings are not exclusively 'Indian' like Yoga and Ayurvedic medicine, they are universal practices that can be enjoyed and benefited by everyone.
This meditation is easy to learn and attracts people from all walks of life seeking better health, creativity and purpose.
Meditation completely rejuvenates the nervous system. The energy and clarity gained enhance our ability to adapt rather than react to challenges. Some other researched benefits include:
• Reduced stress, anxiety and fatigue
• Improved concentration & clarity
• Increased vitality and resilience
• Enhanced creativity & motivation
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Strengthens the immune system
• Normalisation of blood pressure & cholesterol
• Improved sleep & relief from insomnia
• Reduction of addictive behaviours
• Helpful for asthma and allergy symptoms
• Improves relationship with self and others
• Reversal of ageing
• Normalisation of weight